MBE Process Engineer
Location: Sydney, Australia
Silanna is an innovative designer and manufacturer of integrated circuits, investing in disruptive technology to bring cutting edge products to the marketplace. We design and manufacture microelectronic devices using unique configurations of both CMOS-on-insulator and compound semiconductor process technologies.
Our team members are talented individuals looking for the chance to unleash their energy, creativity and inventiveness. They are passionate about our technology, products and services and are excited to be involved in our continued growth and success.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for several MBE Process Engineers for our new epitaxy focused R&D and manufacturing facility in Brisbane. The MBE Process Engineer is a critical role focused on developing, optimising and sustaining epitaxial growth processes on Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) tools for compound semiconductor R&D and manufacturing. The MBE Process Engineer will be the process owner for the assigned MBE system. This is a highly collaborative role where you will work on projects focused on improvement of MBE process and hardware understanding, optimization, and control, as well as research, development and industrialization of new compound semiconductor products.
This role will initially be based at our Sydney site for several months for training and then will be relocated to Brisbane in early 2021.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily operation of MBE including loading/unloading of wafers, batchmode & recipe setup, process monitoring, and maintaining all relevant documentation.
- Planning and scheduling MBE processes to maximize the throughput of MBE systems.
- Monitoring & correcting for process drifts and excursions, qualification of MBE systems, and performing process transfer to other MBE systems.
- Collaborating with MBE equipment team to solve and troubleshoot equipment issues and assisting the MBE equipment team with various maintenance activities to minimize downtime.
- Creating and developing new epitaxial recipes for the implementation of new epitaxial processes or device structures in-line with compound semiconductor R&D and manufacturing strategy and roadmaps.
- Creating standard operating procedures and other technical documents related to the operation and performance of MBE systems.
You will be degree qualified in engineering or science. While the ideal candidate will have two to five years’ experience in a related field, we also strongly encourage outstanding recent graduates looking to enter the semiconductor industry in an entry level role to apply.
You will be familiar with semiconductor processing technology and have hands-on experience operating semiconductor, scientific, or similar equipment to develop processes, as well as the ability to analyse process data, determine the root cause of process issues and recommend suitable corrective actions.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive individual contributor with a keen eye for detail who thrives on solving technically challenging problems. You are practical, mechanically inclined, self-motivated, and able to work effectively with others as well as independently. Excellent time management, organisational, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills are essential, as is the demonstrated ability to conduct research and development independently and to capture IP.
Experience in some or all of the following will be highly regarded:
- Epitaxial growth in a manufacturing or R&D environment
- Operation and maintenance of high-vacuum deposition and film growth equipment
- Competency in programming languages (eg. C, Matlab, Python, or similar)
Please include a cover letter (preferably in one page) detailing how you meet the following key selection criteria:
- Hands-on experience operating semiconductor, scientific, or similar equipment to develop processes.
- Ability to analyse process data, determine the root cause of process issues and recommend suitable corrective actions.
- Epitaxial growth in a manufacturing or R&D environment.
- Operation and maintenance of high-vacuum deposition and film growth equipment.
- Competency in programming languages (eg. C, Matlab, Python, or similar).