Semiconductor Process Engineering Trainee
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Join us whilst you are studying towards your degree and earn while you learn. Flexible working arrangements to fit around your Uni schedule. Opportunities to gain exposure to semiconductor processing while working on data analysis and visualisation projects in this area. You will be a part of a collaborative team of multidisciplinary engineers.
Silanna is an innovative designer of cutting edge semiconductor products. As a part of our innovative journey, we create best-in-class UV technologies that are revolutionizing hygiene management and the fight against superbugs. Harnessing the power of innovative new materials that can deliver higher power at lower cost, Silanna UV LEDs enable a new approach to safely and comprehensively disinfecting air, water and surfaces across a wide variety of applications and industries.
Our world class products have been developed by the best minds in this industry and they are passionate about what they do. We invite you to join us to contribute to our continued success.
Silanna is experiencing a period of growth and is looking for passionate and innovative engineers, who are driven to collaboratively solve technically challenging problems in close-knit interdisciplinary engineering teams.
- Are you interested to work at the cutting edge of compound semiconductor epitaxy?
- Are you eager to put on your detective hat and comb through data to search for the key clues that can advance the state-of-art of epitaxy processes?
- Do you look at a process and instinctively think “There are better ways of doing this?”
- Are you as comfortable reading code (C/Python/Matlab or similar) as you are reading an engineering textbook (or interested to learn this)?
If you answer an enthusiastic “YES” to these questions, then you will enjoy working with us.
Your new position
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic undergraduate or postgraduate student engineer to join the MBE Process Engineering team on a regular part time casual basis at our new epitaxy focused R&D and manufacturing facility in Brisbane. Working under the close direction and guidance of the MBE Process Manager and other engineers in the team, you as the Student MBE Process Engineer will play a supporting role in the Technology Development Department, and will be focused on supporting the team in developing, optimising and sustaining epitaxial growth processes on Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) tools for compound semiconductor R&D and manufacturing. In particular, one of the key projects in this role will be to create data analysis and visualisation tools to better understand our MBE process data.
To develop your skills as a technical specialist in the MBE Process area and to gain a better understanding of this innovative field, you will also be provided with training on MBE hands-on operation and MBE theory.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist senior engineers in the daily operation of MBE systems including loading/unloading of wafers, batchmode and recipe setup, process monitoring, and maintaining all relevant documentation.
- Create graphical user interfaces or similar applications to improve data analysis capabilities in the team.
- Assist senior engineers in monitoring and correcting for process drifts and excursions.
- Collaborate with MBE equipment team to solve and troubleshoot equipment issues and assisting the MBE equipment team with various maintenance activities to minimize equipment downtime.
- Support senior engineers in developing new epitaxial recipes (based on the C/C++ language) for the implementation of new epitaxial processes or device structures in-line with compound semiconductor R&D and manufacturing strategy and roadmaps.
- Create standard operating procedures and other technical documents related to the operation and performance of MBE systems.
After you graduate, there will be a possibility to extend to a full-time graduate role in the team.
Ideally you will be in your final or final two years of your science or engineering degree, with a knowledge of semiconductor processing technology. Experience working on semiconductor processes, or in a related field will be highly regarded. Amongst your many personable attributes you will possess a strong analytical mind with a mechanical aptitude and thrive on solving technically challenging problems. You will enjoy the opportunity to continually learn and deepen your understanding of this innovative area.
If you want to get a head start in the exciting semiconductor industry and looking at the possibility of becoming a specialist in this niche and innovative field, then please submit your application.
Come and make a difference with us.